April 13, 2022
In this first episode of the new Rebel Civics series on Unsafe Space, Keith quotes a former president’s warning not to get involved in the internal affairs of Europe. He explains why Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk are not part of Ukraine and why the claim that Russia annexed Crimea is false, quoting the Declaration of Independence as backup. The right of people to determine their own form of government, the requirement for a declaration of war by Congress to initiate use of force, and the lack of constitutionally delegated presidential power to start a war is covered. Keith lists some of the long, convoluted history of Ukraine, going back over 1,500 years. The episode concludes with a question on the start date of the current war in Ukraine and how far back this war actually goes.
Rebel Civics is an educational series covering the principles of society and government, the concepts America was founded upon, history of the development of these principles, and consideration of current events relative to these fundamentals.
Rebel: A person who is disobedient to unjust authority, and stands up for fundamental principles despite conventions and the opinion of others.
Civics: Principles of government, rights, and responsibilities of citizens in society.
Thanks for Watching!
While we’re still allowed on YouTube, please don’t forget to verify that you’re subscribed, and to like and share this episode. You can find our channel here.
For episode clips, visit our clips channel.
Other video platforms on which our content can be found include:
Also, come join our community of dangerous thinkers at the following social media sites…at least until we get banned:
Telegram Chat: Unsafe Space
Please consider supporting the content that you consume by donating here.
Finally, don’t forget to announce your status as a wrong-thinker with some Unsafe Space merch, available here!
regarding Keith’s YT video and his comment about crimea referendum (yea, YT autodeletes all my comments *sadface*)
1. russian forces dissolved and reformed council of crimea http://www.countercurrents.org/marsden010314.htm
2. crimea mps were forced to vote for referendum (russian fsb colonel was in action there) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcCqrzctxH4
3. its unclear how many mps were there to vote en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/193292.html
4. crimea tatar party called to boycott referendum https://web.archive.org/web/20140317215837/http://www.ukrinform.ua/eng/news/mejlis_to_boycott_crimean_referendum_318219
5. referendum ballots were without envelope cast into transparent urns with pro-russian forces guarding voting places https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2014/3/20/in-pictures-crimeas-referendum/
6. referendum rules do not state whether there is a threshold number of votes needed for the result to be enacted https://web.archive.org/web/20180622122649/https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26546133
7. osce observers were not allowed by armed forces https://web.archive.org/web/20140320191913/http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/15/thwarted-crimea-mission-of-osce-observers/
8. referendum results: 97 % for joining 2.5 % against tass.com/crimea-and-sevastopol/723882
you call this democratic process? how fine are your elections?